Minimally Invasive Hip Surgery
Anterior Approach Hip Replacement
- Anterior means to surgically approach from the front of the hip joint instead of lateral (side) or posterior (back)
- Muscles do not need to be cut or detached from the pelvis or femur
- Recovery from Anterior Hip Replacement surgery is much quicker than recovery from traditional hip replacement surgery
- Less post-operative pain than traditional hip replacement surgery
- Return to daily activities faster compared to traditional hip replacement surgery
- Not suitable for all patients
Hip arthroscopy is an excellent minimally invasive operation that allows thorough visualisation of the hip joint and is effective in diagnosing and addressing various pathology inside and outside the hip joint.
To date there is no radiographic study that is entirely sensitive or specific enough for the diagnosis of cartilage lesions such as labial tears or chondral damage. Hip arthroscopy is the only procedure effective in diagnosing these conditions.
Hip arthroscopy is a technically demanding procedure requiring in depth knowledge and specific training and education in its methods.Dr. Aditya Khemka has extensive experience in this area.
Please find below detailed information on minimally invasive hip replacement surgery and hip arthroscopy.